Blue Door (Formerly known as Ballyfermot Social Intervention Initiative) is a community development project that was set up to assist young adults in refraining from harmful behaviour and to encourage them into activities that will enrich their lives and that of their communities.
What we do:
- Ballyfermot Social Intervention Initiative aims to work with families/individuals who are engaging in or experiencing harmful behaviour
- We facilitate pathways to other services
- Court accompaniments
- We advocate on behalf of individuals / community when engaging with
DCC, Gardaí, Intreo and other relevant agencies
- We provide key workers for clients
- We work with clients to develop care plans
- We also provide educational and social opportunities with our
WISE Women’s group and young men’s group
- We provide general Information, support and advice
- We provide drop-in services
- Court Support
- Housing Advice
- One to one support
- Group Support
- Woman’s Groups
All clients must be over 18.
They can be referred through another service or can self-refer.
We provide direct support and advocacy to the following groups:
- Young adults involved in harmful behaviour
- The wider community